P.S. Literary Agency (PSLA) is accepting applications for four (4) Editorial Interns to assist the team for six months this spring/summer (May to October). Candidates should want to gain experience at an agency, have a flexible schedule, be able to devote 20 hours a week, and be comfortable working remotely.
Overall, PSLA is looking for applicants that have some publishing experience, a passion for books, sharp eye for detail, a desire to learn how the industry and how agenting works, and basic critical reading, researching and organizational skills.
• Reading partial and full manuscripts, nonfiction proposals
• Write readers reports, engage in discussion on manuscripts, understand the market, evaluate material
• Assist agents in getting projects ready for submission including: admin work, research, copy editing
• Strong writing and editing skills
• Detail oriented
• Comfortable working from home
• Previous publishing experience in an editorial or agency environment
Interested candidates can contact email@example.com with their cover letter and resume with the subject heading: Intern Application. Please answer the following questions in the body of the email:
• Why do you want to work at a literary agency?
• What are your favorite genres to read?
• Who are your five favorite authors?
• What is your weekly schedule like/what is your availability?
We look forward to your application!