The P.S. Literary Agency represents both fiction and nonfiction in the following categories: Commercial, Literary (with a
commercial angle), World Literature, Women's Fiction, Mystery (Cozy, Private Eye, Police Procedural, etc.), Thriller (Legal,
Medical, Political, etc.), Romance (Suspense, Contemporary, Historical, etc.), LGBT, New Adult (early 20-something protagonists),
Young Adult (must be high-concept/commercial), Middle Grade (must be high-concept/commercial), Picture Books (must be
high-concept/commercial), Memoir, History, Politics, Current Affairs, Business (Management & Leadership, Finance, etc.),
Health (targeting adults and children), Wellness, Sports, Humour, Pop Science, Pop Psychology, Pop Culture, Design and
Lifestyle. Note: We do not represent poetry or screenplays.
Please read each individual agent profile below to help determine who is best suited to your project.
Curtis Russell - President & Principal Agent
Curtis is currently acquiring both fiction and nonfiction. In terms of fiction, he is seeking Literary, Commercial, Women's Fiction,
Romance, LGBT, New Adult, Young Adult, Middle Grade, Mystery and Thriller. In terms of nonfiction, he is looking for Business, History,
Politics, Current Affairs, Memoir, Health, Wellness, Sports, Humour, Pop Science and Pop Psychology. If you would like to send a query
to Curtis, please review our submission guidelines below.
Carly Watters - VP & Senior Literary Agent
Carly is actively looking for Literary and Commercial Fiction, World Literature, Women's Fiction, Literary Thrillers, LGBT, New Adult,
high-concept Young Adult, high-concept Picture Books, and up-market nonfiction in Health, Wellness, Memoir, Humour, Pop Science and
Pop Psychology. If you would like to send a query to Carly, please review our submission guidelines below.
Maria Vicente - Associate Agent
Maria is actively looking for Literary and Commercial Fiction, LGBT, New Adult, high-concept Young Adult, Middle Grade, high-concept
Picture Books, and nonfiction in the Pop Culture, Pop Psychology, Design, and Lifestyle categories. If you would like to send a query
to Maria, please review our submission guidelines below.
Please limit your query to one page and include the following:
- Paragraph One - Introduction: Include the title and category of your work (i.e. fiction or nonfiction and topic), an estimated word count and a brief, general introduction.
- Paragraph Two - Brief overview: This should read similar to back-cover copy.
- Paragraph Three - Writer’s bio: Tell us a little bit about yourself and your background (awards and affiliations, etc.).
- Do not send attachments. Please use text within the body of your e-mail.
- Please do not submit a full-length manuscript/proposal unless requested.
- Always let us know if your manuscript/proposal is currently under consideration by other agents/publishers.
- Address your query to the attention of the agent you feel is the best match for your work.
- Please do not query multiple agents at the agency simultaneously - if you receive a query rejection from one agent it means a no from the agency.
We only accept submissions via e-mail. Queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not accept or respond to phone, paper or social media queries.
To learn more about our agents and to meet the rest of our team, please check our Who We Are page.
Please Note: We normally respond within 4-6 weeks. However, the process may take longer depending on the volume of submissions we may be reviewing at a particular time. Please do not call to check on the status of your submission - if you have a question or concern with regard to your submission, e-mail is the best way to inquire.
We do not charge reading fees.
For more information please check our F.A.Q. page.