The P.S. Literary Agency represents both fiction and nonfiction.
For nonfiction, we are currently seeking:
- Current Affairs
- Business (Management & Leadership, Finance, etc.)
- Health (targeting adults and children)
- Pop Science
- Pop Psychology
- Pop Culture
For fiction, we are currently seeking:
- Commercial Mainstream
- Literary (with a commercial angle)
- World Literature
- Women's Fiction
- Mystery (Cozy, Private Eye, Police Procedural, etc.)
- Thriller (Legal, Medical, Political, etc.)
- Romance (Suspense, Contemporary, Historical, etc.)
- New Adult (early 20-something protagonists)
- Young Adult (must be high-concept/commercial)
- Middle Grade (must be high-concept/commercial)
- Picture Books (must be high-concept/commercial)
We do not represent:
Please limit your query to one page and include the following:
- Paragraph One - Introduction: Include the title and category of your work (i.e. fiction or nonfiction and topic), an estimated word count and a brief, general introduction.
- Paragraph Two - Brief overview: This should read similar to back-cover copy.
- Paragraph Three - Writer’s bio: Tell us a little bit about yourself and your background (awards and affiliations, etc.).
- Do not send attachments. Please use text within the body of your e-mail.
- Please do not submit a full-length manuscript/proposal unless requested.
- Always let us know if your manuscript/proposal is currently under consideration by other agents/publishers.
- Address your query to the attention of the agent you feel is the best match for your work.
- Please do not query multiple agents at the agency simultaneously - if you receive a query rejection from one agent it means a no from the agency.
We only accept submissions via e-mail.
We do not accept or respond to phone/paper queries.
To meet our team, please check our About Us page.
Please Note: We normally respond within 4-6 weeks. However, the process may take longer depending on the volume of submissions we may be reviewing at a particular time. Please do not call to check on the status of your submission - if you have a question or concern with regard to your submission, e-mail is the best way to inquire.
We do not charge reading fees.
For more information please check our F.A.Q. page.