The P.S. Literary Agency represents both fiction and nonfiction in a variety of categories. Please read each individual agent profile below to help determine who is best suited to your project.
Note: We do not represent poetry or screenplays.
Curtis Russell – President & Principal Agent
Curtis is currently acquiring both fiction and nonfiction. In terms of fiction, he is seeking Literary, Commercial, Mystery, Thriller, Suspense, Romance, Young Adult, Middle Grade, and Picture Books. In terms of nonfiction, he is looking for Business, History, Politics, Current Affairs, Memoir, Health, Wellness, Sports, Humor, Pop Culture, Pop Science, and Pop Psychology. If you would like to send a query to Curtis, please review our submission guidelines below. If you would like to learn more about him, please click or tap here.
Carly Watters – VP, Senior Literary Agent, and Director of Literary Branding
Please note: Carly is currently closed to queries. If you would like to learn more about her, please click or tap here.
Maria Vicente – Associate Agent
Maria is actively acquiring children’s fiction and nonfiction projects for readers of all ages. In fiction, she is looking for Young Adult (contemporary; horror; magical realism; mystery; light science fiction; light fantasy), Middle Grade (any genre), and illustrated Picture Books. In nonfiction, she is looking for projects in the Pop Culture, Science, Design, and Lifestyle categories. You can view her detailed manuscript wish list here. If you would like to send a query to Maria, please review our submission guidelines below. If you would like to learn more about her, please click or tap here.
Kurestin Armada – Associate Agent
Kurestin is actively acquiring Upmarket and Commercial Fiction, Magic Realism, Science Fiction, Fantasy, select Historical Fiction, LGBTQ (any genre), illustrated Picture Books, Middle Grade, Young Adult, Graphic Novels, and Romance. In nonfiction, she is looking for Design, Cooking, Pop Psychology, Narrative, Photography, Nature, and Science. If you would like to send a query to Kurestin, please review our submission guidelines below. If you would like to learn more about her, please click or tap here.
Eric Smith – Associate Agent
Please note: Eric is currently closed to queries. If you would like to learn more about him, please click or tap here.
Please limit your submission to just a query letter that consists of the following:
- Paragraph One – Introduction: Include the title and category of your work (i.e. fiction or nonfiction and topic), an estimated word count and a brief, general introduction.
- Paragraph Two – Brief overview: This should read similar to back-cover copy.
- Paragraph Three – Writer’s bio: Tell us a little bit about yourself and your background (awards and affiliations, etc.).
- Do not send attachments. Please use text within the body of your e-mail.
- Please do not submit a full-length manuscript/proposal unless requested.
- Always let us know if your manuscript/proposal is currently under consideration by other agents/publishers.
- Address your query to the attention of the agent you feel is the best match for your work.
- Please do not query multiple agents at the agency simultaneously – if you don’t receive a response to your query within 4-6 weeks it means a no from the agency.
We only accept submissions via e-mail. Queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not accept or respond to phone, paper or social media queries.
To learn more about our agents and to meet the rest of our team, please check our Who We Are page.
Please Note: If we are interested in seeing material we normally respond within 4-6 weeks. However, the process may take longer depending on the volume of submissions we may be reviewing at a particular time. Please do not call to check on the status of your submission – if you have a question or concern with regard to your submission, e-mail is the best way to inquire.
We do not charge reading fees.
For more information please check our F.A.Q. page.