P.S. Literary Agency embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
P.S. Literary Agency (PSLA) seeks a Literary Agent with publishing experience to represent commercial fiction and a broad range of non-fiction within our collaborative environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reading queries and evaluating manuscripts
• Signing clients
• Corresponding with clients and editors via email, phone and Zoom
• Tracking submissions and managing extensive submission list
• Developing projects in-house
• Composing pitch letters for submission
• Maintaining relationships with editors
• Writing rejection letters
• Editing manuscripts
• Preparing proposals for submission
• Keeping foreign rights manager up to date on the status of projects
• Keeping TV/film co-agents up to date on the status of projects
• Cataloging client and editor correspondence
• Tracking and researching sales information
• Keeping detailed schedules
• 1+ years of publishing experience (excluding internships)
• Astute business acumen
• Excellent people and communication skills
• Superior organizational skills
• Attention to detail is a must
• Extremely professional and articulate
• Interest in fiction and non-fiction
Compensation: Commission-based; Agent-friendly commission split
Benefits: Flexible hours; Work remotely
Duration: Full Time
Location of position: U.S. and/or Canada
Interested candidates can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with their cover letter and resume with the subject heading: Literary Agent. Your application will be dealt with in strict confidence.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We look forward to your application!